Saturday, May 13, 2006

The Age Old Question

Well, more like, the "Age Old Question That Guys Ask Themselves is: "Am I gonna get laid?"

Lol.

I'm sitting here bored out of my skull at my place of employment on a Saturday (not by choice), contemplating this question in detail. I'm also working on another story, but I'm way too tired to properly focus on it, so it's gonna have to wait.

So anyway, back to my idle musings:

The bottom line in the whole boy and girl game is this: "Girls control the pussy".

It's a well known and be-moaned fact amongst guys that: Any girl out there can get laid at anytime if she wants. In comparison, even for the best of us Rico Suave's, this is far from the case. Sure, sure some guys have much better luck at it than others when they are trying, and yes there are some guys who can get laid every night if they wanted, but, the overall axiom still holds true.

Any girl out there can get laid at anytime if she wants, while not all guys can get laid every night, no matter how hard they work at it.

The fundamental difference being that not all girls WANT to get laid every night, while pretty much all guys DO.

That whole Men are from Saturn, Women are from Pluto thing.

So, having brought that disturbing fact back up for examination, and desperately grasping for straws as to have any inkling of how the female mind really works, (I know, I'm just asking for torture here) I ask the following question(s):

When is the decision point made?

The point that says, "Yes, this lucky hunk of an SJR, I mean, lucky hunk of a man is going to get inside my pants?"

This probably applies more towards having sex for the first time with someone new, but I'm sure it could apply in many cases, even those in long-term relationships.

Or is the decision point not really a decision point, just something that 'happens'? I mean, have you ever gone on a date thinking beforehand some of the following:

"There is no way I am having sex with this guy on the first date"

or~

"Hell yes, I'm getting laid tonight"

or~

"We'll see how it goes, he's really hot, but I'm not sure if I 'like' him."

Or any thoughts of that nature? I mean, how much of it is pre-planned? We all know a lot depends on what actually transpires on a date, but have any of these pre-conceived plans gone awry?

Like in example #1, you go out thinking 'No Sex' and end up having the hottest sex of your life?

or #2 thinking that 'damn this guy is so hot, we would make gorgeous babies together and I want to start right f'n NOW' to have it turn into 'Hell no, not if the entire human race depended on it'?

Or, what I would think is the more likely case and which causes us guy’s untold grief and misery: Most girls start out with the #3 example. The "He's cute, but we'll see how it goes" thing and in the end, it turns out that the smallest little detail was the decision factor.

IE: "I didn't like how he held his fork during the salad course, the man obviously has issues. This date is so done as soon as I eat my desert." ?

or ~

"I just loved how he dangled his car keys before he handed them to the valet. I want to suck his schlong right now and then have a wild threesome with him and our hot waitress?"

And of course, my belief is it's typically more # 3 than the other two put together and in the end, us guys NEVER FIND OUT the real reasons. We get stuff like "I'd like to be just friends" or "I'm sorry, I had a really long day and I'm tired" or "I usually don't do that on the first date, but there was just something about you"

This is why I shouldn't work overtime on little sleep. My brain goes to mush and I go against everything I've learned. Yes, I gave up trying to understand girlies a long time ago. I even told my high schooler son recently when he made the comment: "Girls are just DRAMA. I don't understand them. " And I replied very sagely: "Son, don't try to understand them, you'll drive yourself insane. Don't think, Just Do."

But sometimes in these moments of weakness, I do want to understand! Just a good thing I wasn't drinking when I wrote this.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crack me up! Love this post :-) I'd like to help you out but I'd have to say I've thought all of the above at some point or another... lol!

-Stephanie

8:08 PM  
Blogger Blondage said...

I'd love to read the version of this you would write whilst intoxicated. *grin*

You aren't meant to fully understand us. What fun would that be? Bleh! If we didn't zig when you expected us to zag, you'd get bored. :)

Back in my non-married days, sometimes I knew in advance of a date how far I wanted to go. Sometimes I didn't. There was no rhyme, reason or formula to it. If the chemistry was there, the guy was probably getting lucky.

If he sucked in bed, I probably wasn't going to see him again. I have to really like someone to want to "train" them on how to please me.

Hmmmm.....that might be an interesting post topic.....letting down the bad lay....or how to train a lover....

Hmmmm......

But back to your topic.....I do think most women have an idea in advance of whether they want to sleep with a guy on a first date. And yes, if he is super charming we may be swayed to do more than we intended to do.....and yes, if he acts like a jerk (something bad - NOT improper salad fork usage) we may be swayed to do less than we intended to do.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Blondage said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Blondage said...

New story?

*pleading gaze*

6:54 AM  
Blogger LL said...

I met a man once that I adored intellectually but didn't physically. I fucked him anyway.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Blondage said...

*taps toe, sighs rather impatiently*

9:13 AM  
Blogger Blondage said...

Damnit Studmuffin! Quit with the slacking!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the thoughts... Can't give you all the answers here though.

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hilarious post-
I, personally, never know what's going to happen at the end of the night (ie sex-wise). If there's a second date that usually means that I want to sleep with the guy at some point though.

There are a million little things that could stop me from having sex with someone over the course of an evening- from bad conversation and rudeness to bizarre clothing and trying to forcefully kiss me when it's not wanted. This is just the tip of the iceberg though, believe me.

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home